How to install and use the Facebook Pixel in your ads - retarget specific page visitors!
The facebook Pixel is one of the most important things to have implemented when running Facebook Ads.
It’s true power?
The ability to gain a massive return with much less Investment.
All it is is a bit of code that you inject into your website and makes it really easy to do some very advanced targeting. It allows you to track website visitor data based on who has a Facebook Profile.
Why does this give you a larger return?
The data you gather from the pixel can be used for retargeting ads. All you have to do is create an audience from that visit data, and Facebook with only show that ad set to people who visit.
You can even make Facebook target only certain pages that people visit, so you can send them a direct offer to that product or service.
This is awesome for a few reasons.
One, it allows you to not just lose people once they click on your ad the first time. They can be brought back in through retargeting ads that you can show directly to certain viewers of certain webpages that have the Pixel installed.
The people who are seeing the second ad have already clicked on your website, so they’re warm traffic. They’re familiar with your brand and will be much more likely to make a purchase or take action with a little more encouragement.
Here’s how to get the Facebook Pixel onto your site. I’ll be going through and adding my pixel to a new landing page.
1. Go to business.facebook.com
2. Click the drop-down and go over to Events Manager > pixels
3. Click “Set Up Pixel”
4. Either choose “connect with a partner program”, “Manually install yourself”, or “Email instructions to a developer”. In my case, I’ll be installing the code myself.
5. Copy the Pixel code
6. Go over to your website and find the header code section, then paste it there.
7. And you’re done! Now you can collect data on your website visitors, retarget them with ads, create custom conversions and more!
The best ways to use the Facebook Pixel
As I mentioned above, you NEED to be using retargeting ads. I’ll walk you through how you should set them up.
First, you need to hit this retarget audience with an offer that you wouldn’t give to cold audiences. Now that they’re a little bit familiar with your brand, you can serve them a direct offer that will get them closer to a sale, or a consultation.
All I’m saying is make it something they can’t refuse, now that they know who you are and what you do.
You should also retarget only certain landing pages with certain offers. You can retarget “all website traffic” if you want to, and that may work with basic offers, but you can go more in depth than that.
So set up pixel data audiences that only show to visitors of a specific page on your site (or a landing page). That way you can REALLY speak directly to your customer, especially if you offer a variety of different products or services.
Here’s how to set this up:
1. Go to Asset Library > Audiences
2. Create Audience > Custom Audience
3. Choose “Website Traffic”
4. Switch from “All Website Visitors” to “People who visited specific web page”
5. Enter the link of the webpage you want to retarget, and set the number of days you want the pixel to find users to retarget. For example, mines set to 30 days, so if they visited two months ago, they won’t be shown an ad.
There’s a lot more customization you can do here, so feel free to play around.
6. Name your audience and click create.
7. Allow some time to let the pixel populate your audience, then create ads to target the hot traffic!
And that’s it. You’re ready to take your business to the next level. Time to go drive more sales!
I’ll be making future posts about custom conversion events, creating and managing your ads, and more. Follow us on Facebook for more content!